This one is not rocket science.
You don’t even need to measure anything. Dust off the crockpot, spend like a minute and a half opening some cans, and you’re pretty much good to go.
Yes, I used to turn my nose up at “convenience” items like canned soup and pre-sliced mushrooms. Yes, I was totally wrong! Maybe not exactly wrong…let’s not get too carried away here, but I had the luxury of time back then. These days I am up from 5 a.m. until 11-ish p.m. I wish only that I needed even less sleep so I could get more done. There are not enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished!
So here I am posting my simple quick recipe with pride. I’m just happy I actually got dinner on the table tonight instead of the new normal of hoping no one would notice I didn’t make any!
- 1-2 lbs stew meat (or take a roast and cut it into large cubes)
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cans Progresso Cream of Mushroom Soup (Progresso because it's gluten free)
- sliced mushrooms (I used a package of fresh, you can use jarred as well)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- giant spoonful of sour cream (1/4 cup if you really want to measure it)
- GF noodles or rice
- If you have 5 extra minutes you can season the beef with salt and brown in a pan with a little olive oil. Don't have 5 minutes? No problemo! Place meat, salt, and soup in crockpot. Set to low and cook 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, stir in mushrooms, cream cheese, and sour cream.
- Prepare GF pasta or rice according to package directions.
- Serve with stroganoff over top of noodles/rice.