Day 62: It’s Wednesday which is my super busy have-to-be-everywhere-at-once day. Therefore it’s also crock pot day and subsequently also post and run day!
No, my picture isn’t that great but the barbecue beef cubes are great I promise! All I have is this little point and shoot camera that’s like 6 years old so really I’m surprised at the decent photos I do manage to get.
- 1½ lbs cubed beef, we use stew meat
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 small can tomato paste
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp prepared dijon mustard
- ½ tsp red pepper, optional*
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke, optional
- Combine all ingredients in small to medium slow cooker**. Cook on low 6 hours. Serve over rice or noodles.
**If you only have a larger crockpot, consider making double the recipe or cooking it for a shorter time (probably about 2-3 hours) as otherwise it's likely to burn.