Do you love raw cookie dough? Duh, who doesn’t, right? These are the cookies for you!
Get super excited:
Yeppers. Want to know the secret ingredient? How I can make cookie dough without butter but still achieve the same magnificent texture?
Chickpeas! Dead serious. See, it all began when I came across a recipe for Healthy Cookie Dough Dip from Chocolate-Covered Katie (great blog!).
Made the recipe, it was awesome. But I can never leave well enough alone.
The idea popped into my head at 2 a.m. Those are always my best ones. Always. And yep, best cookies ever! They’ve bumped chocolate chip out of the #1 spot.
- 1 can (15 oz) low-sodium chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup almond butter (cashew or peanut will work too but yield a slightly different flavor)
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ cups gluten free quick oats
- ⅓ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients except oats & chocolate chips in a food processor or high powered blender. Pulse until smooth. Stir in oats, then chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls, then flatten with the palm of your hand on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours. They can then be removed from the cookie sheet, placed in a freezer safe bag, and stored in the freezer.