I LOVE this bread. My husband LOVES this GF bread. Yet neither one of us likes fresh cranberries! Or at least we didn’t think we did. We are re-evaluating our judgement of the fresh cranberry.
My husband keeps going back for one slice after another. Three times he’s said, “I can’t believe this has cranberries in it and it’s good!” Not to mention he insists he’s also not a big fan of white chocolate although he sure gobbled up the gluten free White Chocolate Macadamia Nut cookies a few weeks ago so I don’t know what his deal is.
Now, when I call this bread, I really should call it “bread.” It’s a sweet bread, with tart fresh cranberries & white chocolate chips in every bite. It’s more like a cake loaf. I suspect this recipe could be used as a cake or cupcake recipe and if anyone wants to try it I’d love to hear the results.
This is winter bread. It’s Thanksgiving bread. It’s Christmas bread. It’s gift bread.
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup ricotta
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and rice flour a 9x5-inch bread pan.
- In small bowl whisk together millet flour, brown rice flour, tapioca flour, almond flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, applesauce, ricotta, sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in flour mix. Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 45-55 minutes until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely before slicing and serving.