Oh geez you guys. I am drowning under school work over here! It’s nuts. I took just two breaks this weekend from homework. One to make these fab gluten free yogurt pancakes and the other to type up this post.
I will be nearly MIA to May. Until then you can find me perpetually buried under a mountain of biology, microbiology, and biochemistry. Almost sounds like I’m a biology major and not food science. I’ll tell you, you can definitely rest assured that the people out there keeping your food supply safe are well versed in the sciences!
I’m still getting the hang of juggling school work with family stuff. Thankfully my husband basically does everything but cook. And my kids have been pretty understanding as well. Still, my brain has been totally fried. The things I have forgotten this week are over the top: left the garage door wide open all day, forgot to pick up my kids from school (hit me like a ton of bricks while I was standing in line to buy tea!), forgot where I parked the car (that’s in addition to last week’s debacle), forgot my address, and who knows what the heck else I’ve forgotten!
Thankfully I don’t seem to have forgotten how to cook 🙂 I don’t know about you guys but despite it being January raspberries have mysteriously been on sale and delicious.
I had a big ol’ container of yogurt that I intended to split up into small servings and take to school with me – because I mean seriously, why pay all that money for yogurt cups when it’s cheaper to buy the big one, right? Who needs to waste money on little prepackaged cups? I do, that’s who. Thank heavens for convenient packaging or I’d just starve at school! The idea was great but the time was slim & when it came down to it my time was too precious to waste on scooping out yogurt. Lame, I know, but it is sadly my truth.
Laziness however earned us this fabulous yogurt pancake recipe which I think I like even more than my original pancake recipe. So let’s drench these bad boys in syrup and get on with our day!
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ⅔ cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk or other milk substitute)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pint fresh raspberries (may also use thawed frozen)
- Preheat griddle.
- In small bowl combine rice flours, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum. Set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together yogurt, almond milk, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk in flour mixture until combined. Fold in raspberries.
- The batter will be fairly thick. You can gently spread the batter out a bit when you pour it on the griddle, then cook pancakes as you normally would.